Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 104

Thread: Miami-Florida game thread

  1. #51
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Still, they couldn't move the ball at all. UF self destructed a time or 2 or it would have been 40 something to 3.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #52
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    All it takes is momentum in a big game to get plays to start working for you that weren't going well before. If our guys are jacked up on offense because we got that call and we got the ball back--then who knows what could have happened--big TD pass...big run from Thomas or Coop...but we'll never know. Also, Graig Cooper or Travis Benjamin could have returned the punt all the way and the score would have been 10-9 Canes assuming a Bosher PAT is good. Then things could have gotten REALLY interesting. But we'll never know because of that blown call. It's pretty obvious--elbow in: Yes, possession: No way.

    Remember sup-rbeast--NO ONE thought Patrick Nix was going to get the ball to Frank Sanders as effectively as he did in The Swamp to upset the Gaytors either--everyone "knew" that Florida was gonna roll. Being an Auburn fan you should know that, and you know how that turned out.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    The difference is that Miami couldn't throw or pass. Auburn vs. Fla is always a tight game...but AU can always run or pass one or the other. Plus, Auburn's D always keeps the game low scoring enough to give the O a chance. But, Miami had no O to give a chance to. They were outmatched signifigantly and it showed.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #54
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Whatever guys--we don't "know", without a shadow of a doubt, what may have happened. We know what happened, and it was a terrible call...plain & simple.

    I simply would have liked to have seen what would have transpired after the correct call would have been made. Who knows? 3 & out, a pick 6, anything could have happened--but I would have taken my chances and been confident that we could have capitalized.

    And if we're gonna down the offense--don't down the talent out there. Miami's got some guys that can play all over that offense--Patrick Nix's playcalling is killing us right now. I'd trade him straight up for Auburn's OC today.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Patrick Nix's playcalling is killing us right now. I'd trade him straight up for Auburn's OC today</div></div>
    id trade him straight up for a pop warner qb wearing a headset

    he cant possibly be any worse

    bill youngs defense was awesome all night and nix cant coach his way out of a wet paper bag
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    The whole ACC has talent to burn...but UF wasn't losing that game Saturday. Heck, WF barely got Ole Miss..lol.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #57
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The whole ACC has talent to burn...but UF wasn't losing that game Saturday. Heck, WF barely got Ole Miss..lol.</div></div>

    Appy St wasn't beating Michigan, ECU wasn't beating VT or WVU, the Giants weren't beating the Pats in the Super Bowl...etc......
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Actually, I could see all of those happening 5 more times before I see Miami beating Fla. Saturday night.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #59
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, I could see all of those happening 5 more times before I see Miami beating Fla. Saturday night.</div></div>

    This coming from Mr. SEC homer, Nostradamus of the gridiron who never seems to be wrong.

    I like your posts for the most part man--but this seems to be a recurring theme w/you.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    If I were Florida Id be worried that I couldnt put away a Miami team that they were supposed to blow away by the end of the 1st half.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •